LATEST NEWS / COMMUNITY EVENTS:
** 2nd & Final Leaf Removal Dates: December 20 and December 21, weather permitting **
- ECHO’s Christmas Holiday Shop provides toys for families in need. This year, we hope to distribute gifts for nearly 600 children. If you would like to help spread joy, please bring new toys and games (not gift-wrapped) before December 19 to ECHO, 7205 Old Keene Mill Road, during our regular hours, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday – Friday, and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, 7:00 – 9:00. In addition, if you would like to provide the groceries or food store gift cards for a festive holiday meal for a local family who is experiencing financial distress, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Food Program Coordinator can supply a list of suggested foods, or guidelines for the value of gift cards based on family size, plus contact information for the family you will assist.This month, ECHO especially needs donations of flour (2# bags), vegetable oil, canned meats, deodorant, shaving cream, new bed pillows, coffee makers, boys’ and men’s winter coats and stocking caps, children’s winter pajamas sizes 7-14, and brown paper grocery bags. We need volunteers to greet donors and accept donations as well as volunteers to help sort donated clothing. If you would like to find out more about volunteering, e-mail email@example.com.
- 3rd Annual Candlelight Christmas – Saturday, December 9th, from 4:00 – 6:30 pm. Join us for caroling, a live nativity, a tree lighting ceremony, and a visit from Santa! Holiday fun for the whole family, and free apple cider for all. RSVP. Where: Nalls Produce 7310 Beulah St. Call 703-971-4068.
- Holly’s 2017 Tour of Tacky Christmas lights. For more info go to: http://www.fairfaxchristmaslights.com/tcl.php. Locations nears us:
- 6412 Joyce Road, Alexandria
- 1601 Collingwood Road
- 8209 Lorton Road, Lorton
- 7302 Rhondda Drive, Lorton
- 8700 Nanlee Dr, Springfield
- 5406 Fremont St, Springfield
- 10108 Marshall Pond Rd, Burke
- 6634 South Kings Highway, Alexandria, VA
- Newsletter Distribution
- Budget & Finance Committee
- Architectural Advisory Committee
- Social Committee
Newington Community Association was incorporated in January 1972 to “promote the interests of the owners of properties” in the Newington family of communities. There are 609 properties comprising of 524 townhouses and 85 single family homes located in Springfield, Virginia. All of these properties are cradled in the heavily-wooded crescent that lies due east of scenic Pohick Creek, due west of Rolling Road, and due north of the intersection of Rolling Road, Pohick Road, and Alban Road.
NCA has two entrances off Rolling Road: the Delong Drive entrance and the Northumberland Road entrance. There are four subdivisions within NCA: Newington Station, Newington Glen, Newington Place, and Woodmere. Newington Station spans both the Delong and the Northumberland entrances and is composed of traditional townhouses. Newington Glen can be reached through the Delong entrance and is composed of contemporary townhouses. Newington Place can be reached through Northumberland Road entrance and is composed of traditional townhouses. Finally, Woodmere can be reached through the Northumberland entrance and is composed of single family homes.
To be added to the NCA Email Distribution List please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.