LATEST NEWS / COMMUNITY EVENTS:
Special Notice for Gwynedd Residents
Residents on Gwynedd received a flyer with the upcoming paving schedule. Concrete work will begin Week of Monday, October 23 and is expected to be completed by Friday, October 31. Vehicles will need to stay 2 feet back from all BLUE “X” marks during this time.
On Monday, November 6, lower half of Gwynedd will be milled and base paved. Vehicles will need to be removed from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm (or until barricades are moved by the contractor). See map.
On Tuesday, November 7, upper half of Gwynedd will be milled and base paved. Vehicles will need to be removed from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm (or until barricades are moved by the contractor). See map.
From November 8 through November 10, all of Gwynedd will be resurfaced and stripped. All vehicles will need to be removed by 7:00 AM and not allowed back onto the street until after 5:00 pm or when the barricades are moved by the contractor.
* Schedule above it subject to change and weather will be a factor, pay attention to signs
* Vehicles not moved by the times advised will be towed
* Move cars to Delong Drive
* Do not move contractor barricades, any damage caused by residents moving barricades and driving on surfaces will be held responsible
* Trash cans and recycling will need to be placed up on Lodge Court
* NCA Board understands there will be major inconveniences from this project for residents on Gwynedd including Jenner and Marconi. We ask that you please be patient. The contractor will work as diligently as possible. Gwynedd is in dire need of repaving. It will be beautiful when completed. Thank you.
The October 2017 Newsletter is now available online!
- Newsletter Distribution
- Budget & Finance Committee
- Architectural Advisory Committee
- Social Committee
Newington Community Association was incorporated in January 1972 to “promote the interests of the owners of properties” in the Newington family of communities. There are 609 properties comprising of 524 townhouses and 85 single family homes located in Springfield, Virginia. All of these properties are cradled in the heavily-wooded crescent that lies due east of scenic Pohick Creek, due west of Rolling Road, and due north of the intersection of Rolling Road, Pohick Road, and Alban Road.
NCA has two entrances off Rolling Road: the Delong Drive entrance and the Northumberland Road entrance. There are four subdivisions within NCA: Newington Station, Newington Glen, Newington Place, and Woodmere. Newington Station spans both the Delong and the Northumberland entrances and is composed of traditional townhouses. Newington Glen can be reached through the Delong entrance and is composed of contemporary townhouses. Newington Place can be reached through Northumberland Road entrance and is composed of traditional townhouses. Finally, Woodmere can be reached through the Northumberland entrance and is composed of single family homes.
To be added to the NCA Email Distribution List please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.